FITMENT NOTE: This BOV kit is compatible with 2018-22 Can-Am Maverick X3 Turbo 120 HP models, as well as 2023 X3 Turbo 135 HP models WITHOUT INTERCOOLER. Intercooled models
Evolution Powersports was first in the industry to design and produce a Blow Off Valve (BOV) specifically for small displacement factory turbocharged engines. Virtually every BOV on the market was designed for automotive applications, which have different requirements in terms of spring rates and flow capacity vs a powersports engine. Back in 2015, we decided to take a no-expenses-spared approach to designing a BOV specifically for the powersports market.
For a BOV to work consistently and not leak, tolerances must be held to an extremely high standard. The EVP BOV body, cap and piston are precision CNC machined from billet aluminum with tolerances that approach within .0003". The sliding components are hard anodized and coated so the BOV will last the lifetime of the engine. For each vehicle / engine type we make BOV kits for, the spring rates are properly matched for optimum performance.
- Tested to 500+ horsepower
- Prevent compressor surge which leads to loss in performance and throttle response when the throttle closes then reopens at speed
- Simple install, no drilling required
- The body, piston and cap are machined from billet aluminum
- The cap is anodized and re-machined for easy gripping for spring tension adjustments
- The piston and body are hard coated with impregnated Teflon anti friction matrix
- The design has 3 sealing O-rings for leak proof operation
- Has the "Blow Off Valve" sound that turbo customers crave
- Includes a pre filter to keep dirt/sand out of the valve exhaust ports
No other BOV on the market offers the quality and fine-tuned refinement like an EVP BOV.
After years of success with our original design and because we are never satisfied when a product can be improved, we decided to build the V2 BOV. We took all of the greatest features of the original BOV and improved in several key areas:
- The o-ring placement was revised so that the piston seals better than the previous version. This new design eliminates the bottom o-ring that was sometimes problematic.
- The hard anodized BOV cap is machined with deep grooves which makes it easier to grip while making fine tuning adjustments.
- The overall aesthetics have been greatly enhanced. The vents have a chevron design which add a great appearance while providing additional support for the piston o-rings.
- The V2 BOV has a much crisper pressure relief than the earlier version due to the improved seal on the piston body.
2018+ Can-Am Maverick X3 Turbo 120 HP
2023 Can-Am Maverick X3 Turbo 135 HP